Car Production in April 2022 totaled 117,786 units.
- 1,653 Reads
Mr. Surapong Paisitpatanapong, Vice-Chairman and the spokesman for the Automotive Industry Group, the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI), in the press conference, revealed the total production for all vehicles in April and the expected total number for 2022.
Total car production
The April production reached at 117,786 units. It increased 12.87% Year-on-Year (YoY) and decreased 31.79% from March 2022 as 172,671 units. Produced for domestic use increased 32.33% (YoY) and Produced for export decreased 1.70% (YoY). Produced passenger cars for export decreased 21.53% (YoY) The production number of this year totaled 597,864 units, rising 4.85% from the same period of last year.
Total production of 117,786 vehicles in April 2022, composed of:
- Passenger car production at 36,516 units, 10.07% increase (YoY)
- Bus under 10 tons and over 10 tons, at zero, 100% decrease (YoY)
- Truck at 81,270 units, 14.18% increase (YoY)
- 1 Ton Pickup truck at 78,592 units, 13.88% increase (YoY)
- Pickup truck less than 5 tons – over 10 tons, at 2,678 units, 23.70% increase (YoY)
Car production for export
In April 2022, the car production for export totaled 58,671 units, representing 49.81% of the total production, decreasing 1.70% (YoY)
- 13,309 passenger cars, down 21.53% (YoY)
- One-ton pickup truck for export at 45,362 units, 6.17% increase (YoY)
Car production for domestic use
In April 2022, there were 59,115 units produced for domestic use, representing 50.19% of the whole production or an increase of 32.33% (YoY)
- 23,207 passenger cars, up 43.12% (YoY)
- One-ton pickup truck at 33,230 units, 26.39% increase (YoY)